Counselling Psychologist And Psychotherapist
I’m an Indian Counselling Psychologist assisting individuals to handle their mental health issues. In recent years I have helped more than 1000 asians living across the globe. I achieve this by providing a warm, non-judgemental safe space in which I listen to their concerns, and work together to achieve their desirable goals.
My energy is to connect with people from Asian social establishments and help them to introspect by dealing with their daily obstacles in different phases of life. I assist my clients, that comprises young adults, couples and families, to find a strong impression of themselves and strengthen their relationship components. I enable my clients to heal, energize, and become aware of their inner strengths.
I highly value providing a supportive, non judgemental and collaborative Safe Space for people who are going through a rough time in their lives.
My goal is to together create meaningful changes to your lives!
- Australian Counselling Association (18665)
- American Psychological Association (C2103178548)
- Counsellors Council of India (CRN5048039)
- PGD in Counselling & Psychotherapy – The University of Adelaide, Australia
- Masters in Psychology – The University of Delhi, India
- Bachelors (Hons) in Psychology – The University of Delhi, India
Areas Of Expertise
Over the years of practising, I know that there is no right one approach for everyone, so I have been trained professionally in the variety of different psycho therapeutic approaches. I customise approaches to meet clients’ unique needs. My goal is to provide my clients the quickest relief possible by providing them person-centred approach and integrating the various evidence based therapy approaches.
My goal is to connect with people from Asian and Indian cultural backgrounds and help them to navigate their way by overcoming their roadblocks in different areas of their lives. I help my clients, which includes children, adults, couples and families, to find healthy perceptions of themselves and strengthen their relationship dynamics. My areas of expertise are:
Why Asian Psychologist (me)?
- Having a culturally competent therapist will allow you to fully express your feelings and emotions as I understand your personal beliefs, values and experience better. It helps to remove assumptions and judgements which makes it easier to connect and understand the language with your therapist. It’s one of the most effective and reliable ways to connect with someone who looks like you.
- As a massive community, we still internalise stigmas around mental health conditions for that we need to see someone who looks like us and can help to frame specific expectations and understand customs within the psychotherapy experience so that we can unwind ourselves from all the taboos or myths related to mental health.
- We as asians aren’t bought up to share or articulate our emotions. Rather we have been conditioned to think about impacting the community with our right or wrong actions. For instance: others’ feelings are important than our own and it’s considered rude or selfish to think about ourselves first. We are taught to buck up, carry the burden and sort out our issues by own mostly in isolation. In majority, talking to a psychologist or psychotherapist is seen as weakness.
- As an Indian working with a Hindi speaking psychologist who shares your identity can not only help you to combat stigma but also to build up a stronger therapeutic relationship.