Counselling Psychologist And Psychotherapist
I’m an Indian Psychologist helping Indians residing abroad via in person, online and live counselling sessions. I have helped around 1000 individuals living abroad to overpower their day to day social, emotional, and psychological challenges. I trust in an innovative yet straightforward approach to bring out certain enthusiastic, social and intellectual changes in individuals. In one sentence, empowering energy, self-care and emotional well-being is my life’s enthusiasm.
My academic background and work experience is coloured with a wide range of opportunities learning and working with diverse population. I have worked in clinical, educational, organisational and counselling settings. I highly value providing a supportive, non judgemental and collaborative Safe Space for people who are going through a rough time in their lives.
In one sentence, empowering people, spreading awareness about self-love and psychological well-being is my life’s enthusiasm.
- Australian Counselling Association (18665)
- American Psychological Association (C2103178548)
- Counsellors Council of India (CRN5048039)
- PGD in Counselling & Psychotherapy – The University of Adelaide, Australia
- Masters in Psychology – The University of Delhi, India
- Bachelors (Hons) in Psychology – The University of Delhi, India
Areas Of Expertise
Over the years, I have been trained professionally in a wide range of approaches as I know that there is no single approach that is the right fit for everyone. I use the tailor made approach to meet the unique needs of individuals, couples and families. My goal is to provide my clients the quickest relief possible emotionally and mentally with evidence based therapies.
My energy is to connect with people from Indian social establishments and help them to introspect by dealing with their daily obstacles in different phases of life. I assist my clients, that comprises young adults, couples and families, to find a strong impression of themselves and strengthen their relationship components.
My Areas of Expertise are:
Why Asian Psychologist (me)?
- We as Asians aren’t bought up to share or articulate our emotions. Rather we have been conditioned to think about impacting the community with our right or wrong actions. For instance: others’ feelings are more important than our own and it’s considered rude or selfish to think about ourselves first. We are taught to buck up, carry the burden and sort out our issues by ourselves mostly in isolation. In majority, talking to a psychologist or psychotherapist is seen as a weakness.
- We need to make safe spaces for people to open up and share cultural or community, generational specific challenges and unkind emotional events.It provides a safe space to understand and normalise the importance go individual role in who we are, what we believe in, where we have come from, and what drives us going forward.
- Working with a psychologist who shares your identity, can speak Hindi, Punjabi and English can not only help you to combat stigma but also to build up a stronger therapeutic relationship.