Counselling Psychologist And Psychotherapist
I’m an Indian Counselling Psychologist that helps Indians across the world to overcome their daily life challenges like anxiety, depression, stress and other common psychological problems. Living abroad for the past few years, I have realised the importance of having a mental health worker from the same cultural background and community. With Safe Space you can open up and talk to your therapist who is passionate to help people of all colors to overcome their mental, emotional and psychological challenges.
Being a Psychotherapist, my academics and work experience is blend with a wide range of professional one-on-one therapeutic working hours with diverse population. I also have trainings in conducting effective tele-therapy and providing psychological first aid during the times of COVID-19. I have successfully helped more than 1000 asians including Indians as well in France. I highly value providing a supportive, non judgemental and collaborative Safe Space for people who are going through a rough time in their lives. In one sentence, encouraging positivity, self-care and mental health is my life’s passion.
My goal is to together create meaningful changes to your lives!
- Australian Counselling Association (18665)
- American Psychological Association (C2103178548)
- Counsellors Council of India (CRN5048039)
- PGD in Counselling & Psychotherapy – The University of Adelaide, Australia
- Masters in Psychology – The University of Delhi, India
- Bachelors (Hons) in Psychology – The University of Delhi, India
Areas Of Expertise
Over the years of learning and practising, I realize that everybody is one of a kind and consequently there is no single methodology or treatment is the right one for all, so I have been prepared expertly in the scope of psychotherapeutic modalities. I utilize the tailor made way to deal with meet clients’ interesting requirements. I provide my clients the fastest, effective alleviation by giving them individual focused therapy and coordinating the different scientific based therapies.
My experience and training assists individuals from Asian and Indian ethnicity with a wide range of mental health issues, recognising and building their own strengths and capabilities to support their well-being. I employ a compassionate, authentic and empowering approach with my clients which includes children, adolescents, couples and families. My approach is integrative, tailored to fit you, evidence based and culturally competent. I specialise in:
Why Asian Psychologist (me)?
- We as asians aren’t bought up to share or articulate our emotions. Rather we have been conditioned to think about impacting the community with our right or wrong actions. For instance: others’ feelings are important than our own and it’s considered rude or selfish to think about ourselves first. We are taught to buck up, carry the burden and sort out our issues by own mostly in isolation. In majority, talking to a psychologist or psychotherapist is seen as weakness.
- Having a culturally competent therapist will allow you to fully express your feelings and emotions as I understand your personal beliefs, values and experience better. Being a Hindi/ Punjabi speaking psychologist – It helps to remove assumptions and judgements which makes it easier to connect and understand the language with your therapist. It’s one of the most effective and reliable ways to connect with someone who looks like you.
- We need to make safe spaces for people to open up and share cultural or community, generational specific challenges and unkind emotional events.It provides a safe space to understand and normalise the importance go individual role in who we are, what we believe in, where we have come from, and what drives us going forward.