Counselling Psychologist And Psychotherapist
I’m an Indian Psychologist and Psychotherapist providing online counselling to people of Indian communities living across the globe. I have helped more than 1000 people in the past 5 years to maintain their psychological health and well-being. I value providing a supportive, non judgemental and collaborative Safe Space for people who are going through a rough time in their lives. Nothing makes me happier and fulfilled than helping my clients feel better about themselves.
My energy is to connect with people from Asian social establishments and help them to introspect by dealing with their daily obstacles in different phases of life. I assist my clients, that comprises young adults, couples and families, to find a strong impression of themselves and strengthen their relationship components. I enable my clients to heal, energize, and become aware of their inner strengths.
I highly value providing a supportive, non judgemental and collaborative Safe Space for people who are going through a rough time in their lives.
My goal is to together create meaningful changes to your lives!
- Australian Counselling Association (18665)
- American Psychological Association (C2103178548)
- Counsellors Council of India (CRN5048039)
- PGD in Counselling & Psychotherapy – The University of Adelaide, Australia
- Masters in Psychology – The University of Delhi, India
- Bachelors (Hons) in Psychology – The University of Delhi, India
Areas Of Expertise
Over the years of practising, I know that there is no right one approach for everyone, so I have been trained professionally in the variety of different psycho therapeutic approaches. I customise approaches to meet clients’ unique needs. My goal is to provide my clients the quickest relief possible by providing them person-centred approach and integrating the various evidence based therapy approaches.
My experience and training assists individuals with a wide range of mental health issues, recognising and building their own strengths and capabilities to support their well-being. I employ a compassionate, authentic and empowering approach with my clients which includes children, adolescents, couples and families. My approach is integrative, tailored to fit you, evidence based and culturally competent. My specialisations are:
Why Asian Psychologist (me)?
- As a massive community, we still internalise stigmas around mental health conditions for that we need to see someone who looks like us and can help to frame specific expectations and understand customs within the psychotherapy experience so that we can unwind ourselves from all the taboos or myths related to mental health.
- We as asians aren’t bought up to share or articulate our emotions. Rather we have been conditioned to think about impacting the community with our right or wrong actions. For instance: others’ feelings are important than our own and it’s considered rude or selfish to think about ourselves first. We are taught to buck up, carry the burden and sort out our issues by own mostly in isolation. In majority, talking to a psychologist or psychotherapist is seen as weakness.
- We need to make safe spaces for people to open up and share cultural or community, generational specific challenges and unkind emotional events.It provides a safe space to understand and normalise the importance go individual role in who we are, what we believe in, where we have come from, and what drives us going forward
- As an Indian working with a Hindi/ Punjabi speaking psychologist who shares your identity can not only help you to combat stigma but also to build up a stronger therapeutic relationship.